Skip to main content

New developments

Sorry the blog has taken a backseat the last couple of weeks, we have been busy with spring cleaning, gardening, my husbands health issues and the grandchildren.  There have been some new exciting developments genealogy wise though!  My mother finally agreed and has done an Ancestry DNA test!  I really appreciate her doing so and am currently very impatiently awaiting her results as I am hoping they will give more insight into the Stevens line of my family, of which I presently have more questions than answers. If only one could time travel to talk to and DNA test our ancestors!  The DNA would probably reveal more than the talking with some of my ancestors though as they did guard their secrets fiercely! New contact has been made recently with some extended family members that has proved very informative and is always welcomed.  I have also been continuing to work on figuring out where my DNA matches fit in my tree and adding the new information to my trees which is proving to be very helpful and interesting.  I believe that lots of future discoveries and blog posts will come out of these new connections.  Another of my Nan’s siblings has been added to my DNA matches in last couple of weeks which is wonderful and I hope more close family members over time will get theirs done, especially the older members of my branches.  A few of my remaining Aunts and Uncles are curious and planning to do theirs soon which I believe will be incredible valuable to me and other researchers both now and in the future.  Also my Ancestry ethnicity estimate was updated yesterday which is always of interest and in my case tallies pretty closely with what I currently know about my ancestors.  


I am hoping to be back in the swing of things in the next week or two and have a number of genealogy day trips planned that should help with some future blog posts with regards to photographs and information gathering.   


Comments

  1. Hello Tracy … are you related to Rose Drake? (my mother’s niece)
    Dr Kalangi from Manado was my mother’s grandfather so he was also my “great great grandfather”
    I too am researching my ancestry on my paternal side which originates from County Tyrone in Northern Ireland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      Lovely to hear from you! Yes she is my Mother in Law, I am married to Philip. I have paternal family lines from there too. You can email me on trcldrk@gmail.com if you would like too.

      regards
      Tracy

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kendall Children.

I started this post a while ago and was going to finally finish and post it yesterday however our four grandchildren came over and I got sidetracked.  Our grandchildren range in age now from six down to one;  they are so full of life (each of them lights up a room when they enter it) and we feel extremely blessed to have them in our lives.  After spending the afternoon researching this post, their arrival made this tragedy even more poignant for me and so I appreciated their company even more than usual and hugged them a bit tighter too!  This morning I woke up to a cold, wet and windy Wagga day and the thought of three little girls out in August weather like this, in light weight dresses with no shoes or jumpers impacted on me even more. Those poor babies! One of the girls was found still clasping her doll that she had carried with her over the whole tragic journey. When my husband and I were looking around the Wagga Wagga Monumental Cemetery some time ago we came across a very sad he

Wednesday’s Wedding: William Allardyce Martin and Violet Helen Marguerite Murray

 Today's post involves my husbands paternal Grandparents and their wedding in Singapore on the 14th April 1928.  More posts involving this couple can be found here , here , here , here , here , here  and  here . SINGAPORE WEDDINGS Mr. W.A. Martin and Miss Violet Murray. On Saturday at 8 a.m.at the Cathedral of the Good Shepherd, a pretty wedding was solemnised between Miss Violet Helen Murray, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. J.H. Murray, of Singapore, and Mr. William Allardice Martin, of the Prison Dept., Straits Settlements, only son of Mr. and Mrs. W.W. Martin, of Glasgow. The bride, who was given away by her father, looked charming in an Early Victorian frock of satin with the train was also of satin with a lover's knot of georgette and orange blossoms, and carried a bouquet of white lilies and clematis.  The bridesmaid was Miss Molly Murray, sister of the bride, who was becomingly gowned in blue satin charmeuse with hat to match.  The duties of the best man were performed b

Trove Tuesday - The Murder of Patrick McCooey

These articles involve my 5th Great Grandmother Ann Puckeridge (nee Maund) and her son William Puckeridge (my half 4th Great grand Uncle).  Ann was born in England and married her first husband Joseph Puckeridge around 1796.  There are records of two children being baptised in St Marylebone, Middlesex,   England for this couple Sarah (1799-?) and James (1800-?).  Their lives took a turn in 1800, when Joseph was sentenced to death for stealing scotch ticking, this sentence was later remitted to transportation for Life.  In 1801 Joseph, the convict and Ann his free wife arrived in Australia on board the ship Earl Cornwallis , their English born children's fate is unknown.  They went on to have the following children in Australia: William (1802-1877), John (1804-1885), Ann Sawyer nee Puckeridge (1806-1882), Mary Ann (1809-1818), Richard (1812-1881), Joseph (1814-1857) and Henry (1817-1819).   Joseph worked as a brickmaker in Australia and died in Sydney in 1818.  In 1820 Ann married J